To encourage new members to pursue professional development opportunities and to enhance success within the financial aid profession, TASFAA is proud to offer the Clyde Walker Professional Development Scholarship. The scholarship was named in honor and in memory of Clyde Walker who passed away September 23, 2013. Mr. Walker was a Past President of TASFAA and had been a member of the association for many years. He chaired and served on many TASFAA committees and a mentor to many. He was Chair of the Association Governance Committee at the time of his passing. This scholarship will cover the cost of registration for one (1) participant to attend the SASFAA New Aid Officers Workshop. The 2015 SASFAA New Aid Officers Workshop, will be held June 14-19 at Thomas More College, Crestview Hills, KY.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for the TASFAA Professional Development Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a current TASFAA member who has not previously attended the SASFAA New Aid Officers Workshop.
- Have five (5) years or less of financial aid experience.
- Complete the application.
- Submit a current resume and a letter of recommendation from the Financial Aid Director at the applicant’s institution.
- Submit an original statement with the application. The statement should be at least one typed page in length on the following topic: Discuss the value and importance of student aid and how it relates to your choice of the Financial Aid profession.
The scholarship will cover the cost of the SASFAA New Aid Officers Workshop registration. The applicant is responsible for any remaining costs associated with the workshop (travel, etc.).
Preference may be given to a past TASFAA New Aid Officers Workshop attendee.
Applications (and all required documents) must be submitted to Larry Rector, TASFAA Training Committee Chair, no later than April 10, 2015. The winner will be announced at the TASFAA annual conference, April 26-29 at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, TN. All applicants are encouraged to attend the conference if possible.
We look forward to receiving your application! Good luck!
2014-2015 TASFAA President
Clyde Walker Professional Development Scholarship Application.docx