TASFAA’s Fundraising Event
Each year, TASFAA chooses a worthy cause to support during the Annual Conference. Our fundraising event this year is one that is close to all of our hearts. Each year, funds are appropriated in our budget for the TASFAA President to award a modest scholarship to a student of his/her choice.
A goal of our TASFAA President, Jeff Gerkin, is to work to ensure the perpetuity of the scholarship by raising money with the possibility of establishing an endowment.
For many years, the award was simply the “TASFAA Presidential Scholarship”. That changed in 1993 when TASFAA suddenly lost a dear friend and colleague, Ann Tinnon. In her memory, the TASFAA Board changed the name to the “Ann Tinnon Memorial Scholarship”. You can read more about her on the TASFAA blog.
We need your help. There will be a Silent Auction set up in the Vender Area of the conference and we need items to be auctioned. Here are a few examples of possible auction items:
- · Craft Items-Are you a crafter or know a crafter?
- · Autographed pictures/books/etc. of famous people (country singers/ athletes/ celebrities)
- · Items representing TN products/schools/universities/colleges
- · Theme Baskets i.e. Mexican Food Basket, Coffee Basket, Baby Gift Basket, be creative.
- · Anything else that you think someone would bid on that you would love to have yourself
Any item that you feel could raise money or be a benefit for our cause would be great.
Please send the name of the item along with a brief description if necessary to me, Sandra Rockett email@example.com. If you can send a picture, that would help us with the advance publicity.
We think this could be a lot of fun. Please take time to think about donating an item. However, if not an item please plan to visit the Silent Auction during the conference to place your bid.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sandra Rockett, Chair